When I was a kid, there was a wall between our house and the neighbours. I used to sit on the wall and pretend I was riding a horse and was queen of all I saw. I think that every little girl wants to be a princess and every little boy wants to be king. I don’t believe we should ever let go of the dream of becoming something more than our circumstances dictate.
Some of us come from seriously dysfunctional families and we realise early on that our friends have more than we do and we want to be in a position to have more to.
If we let go of those dreams then we are on the way to becoming average adults that live average lives and never really get anywhere or become anyone special.
I used to think that I was average, but one day I realised that I am not just plain average because I have something that I thought for a long time was not going to be. You see I have a wonderful husband and two adorable kids. Sure the kids get up to mischief and can be very naughty when they have time and they always seem to have time. But what is important here is that they are my kids and I love them and they love me. Sometimes I think that I must be the lousiest mom alive, but then my kids come and say to me that I am the best mom in the world and they love me and of course that makes everything better again.
My husband always takes the time to tell me that he thinks I am a good mother and wife. So how can anyone say that my life is average.
I am not saying that it is all wine and roses, there are ups and downs, but we get through it and stay connected no matter what, always remembering what made us fall in love in the first place.
I am babbling on and on, I know, but when you have been married seven years and been through all sorts of things then you have to turn around once in a while and say look how far we have come.
A lot of people said the marriage wouldn’t last, but we are still together and still standing and at times it was hard to keep going, but we did and I have no regrets at all that I chose to marry the man I did.
When we first hooked up, I was able to walk with an inner peace and joy, knowing that this man loved me for me and no one can take that away from me. I have his heart and he has mine. I love him more now than the day I first met him and he still makes me feel like a schoolgirl, falling in love for the first time.
Some of us come from seriously dysfunctional families and we realise early on that our friends have more than we do and we want to be in a position to have more to.
If we let go of those dreams then we are on the way to becoming average adults that live average lives and never really get anywhere or become anyone special.
I used to think that I was average, but one day I realised that I am not just plain average because I have something that I thought for a long time was not going to be. You see I have a wonderful husband and two adorable kids. Sure the kids get up to mischief and can be very naughty when they have time and they always seem to have time. But what is important here is that they are my kids and I love them and they love me. Sometimes I think that I must be the lousiest mom alive, but then my kids come and say to me that I am the best mom in the world and they love me and of course that makes everything better again.
My husband always takes the time to tell me that he thinks I am a good mother and wife. So how can anyone say that my life is average.
I am not saying that it is all wine and roses, there are ups and downs, but we get through it and stay connected no matter what, always remembering what made us fall in love in the first place.
I am babbling on and on, I know, but when you have been married seven years and been through all sorts of things then you have to turn around once in a while and say look how far we have come.
A lot of people said the marriage wouldn’t last, but we are still together and still standing and at times it was hard to keep going, but we did and I have no regrets at all that I chose to marry the man I did.
When we first hooked up, I was able to walk with an inner peace and joy, knowing that this man loved me for me and no one can take that away from me. I have his heart and he has mine. I love him more now than the day I first met him and he still makes me feel like a schoolgirl, falling in love for the first time.
No comments:
Post a Comment